Peculiarities of treatment of foot fungus in children
As a time to recognize mycosis in children, what treatment and preventive measures are recommended to take?
The clinical picture of the disease
Get rid of the disease is in its advanced stage is very difficult, that's why it's so important to recognize ringworm at an early stage. It is important to pay attention to the integrity of the skin, presence of wounds, cracks, dryness and peeling of skin, redness or changes in the structure of the epidermis.
Attention! Children may complain of itch, pain in the area of manifestation of the mycosis. Foot fungus of the child constrains the mobility of the baby, stopping to walk and run. In rare cases, there is an increase in body temperature to 38 ° C, General weakness, strengthening the work of the sebaceous glands.
Unlike adults, onychomycosis in children for a long time does not manifest itself, the nail plate does not change color, and the affected nail becomes loose and begins to crumble only in the advanced stage.
The causes of fungus infection of the child
Children's foot fungus is manifested in various factors – contact with infected, using household items, with a long stay in a humid environment, wearing shoes of poor quality, with inadequate hygiene of the whole body.
The disease may manifest during the period of seasonal reduction of protective forces of organism at deficiency of vitamins and minerals, or after a bacterial attack on the body of the child.
Another cause of mechanical injury of the skin of the feet, when through the cracks and abrasions penetrate pathogens, leading to the development of onychomycosis.
The shape of the fungus
There are 4 forms of fungal infections in children:
- Fingers when suffering a funnel between the toes (dry, itchy, covered with small scales, hardens old layer);
- Athlete's foot – looks like covered with flour, the skin stiffen and the nails lose their natural color, become yellow, brown, shaped like a bird's beak;
- Vesicular – formation of small bubbles and blisters, the risk of the disease with the accession of secondary infection, the disease can become chronic, spreading through the whole body;
- Erased fungus in the child on the skin of the feet at the beginning is not identificireba, "hiding" in the folds between the toes, subsequently get a rash, swelling, changes the configuration of the nail.
Photo of the fungus in children foot illustrates the possible serious consequences of exposure to pathogenic microorganisms. To confirm or deny the athlete can only be a specialist to do the diagnosis of the disease and treatment are strictly prohibited, to avoid the development of serious complications.
Toenail fungus treatment the child
Before you can treat fungus on the feet of the child, it is important to collect the anamnesis, to see a doctor for visual examination and identification of characteristic symptom of the disease. We study the scraping of damaged tissues, additionally used the method of polymerase chain reaction for determining gene of the pathogen.
Important! When the diagnosis is confirmed, treatment of fungus on the feet of the child between the fingers is complex, appointed antifungal drugs for internal and external use.
In severe cases is detoxification therapy aimed at cleansing the body from metabolic products of the fungus. Used saline solutions and sorbents, immunomodulators, to strengthen the body's defenses, prevention of re-infection.
Depending on the kind of fungal infection selected drugs.
- Systemic antifungal to prevent the spread of infection throughout the body, have a devastating effect on the cell membrane of pathogenic forms. Treatment regimen and dosage chosen doctor, the standard course is 4-8 weeks.
- Ointments, gels, creams local actions — designed for external use, apply on the affected area with a thin layer 2 times a day, the duration of treatment to 2 months. For preventive purposes, you must handle the skin and nails 7 days after the disappearance of the disease.
When heavy lesions of the skin used antifungal together with antibacterial. All medicines from fungus of the feet are prescribed to children after 2 years, before that age – supportive therapy.
The popular treatment
To eliminate the symptoms, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine. Before beginning procedures, you should consult a physician regarding the effectiveness of a prescription, the availability of side effects and contraindications.
To cure fungus in children on the toes, you can use different baths:
- Soar feet in the decoction of Euphorbia – pour a glass of boiling water a spoonful of raw material, to withstand a water bath for 5 minutes, cool, dilute to 2 l of water, to begin the procedure execution;
- Lower the foot for 10 minutes in a decoction of sage – 2 tablespoons herb to 1 liter of water, boil the composition on slow heat for 20 minutes (bath helps to eliminate itching and reduce inflammation);
- Soak feet in brew coffee – three times a day, after 2 weeks the symptoms of the fungus will disappear.
Effective compresses and ointments
To cure the child's fingers from fungal need daily to do medical compresses onion or pulp of garlic, grind of the head and mixing raw materials of sunflower oil in equal proportions. To RUB the problem areas before bedtime, the duration of therapy is 2 weeks.
If fungus is bothering the baby at night, there is a effective method to eliminate the itching is to RUB his feet salicylic ointment, and after rewinding feet with polyethylene, top to wear a warm sock. In the morning remove the compress.
The soda treatment
This cheap and available remedy will help get rid of mold once and for all. Enough to dissolve a tablespoon of powder small amount of water to obtain a creamy consistency, after apply a generous layer onto fingers area, damaged skin, and nails.
After 10 minutes, rinse with warm water, the legs are wiped dry with a towel. Further processed corn starch. The duration of therapy is 2 weeks, a week break, the procedure can be repeated.
Prevention of fungus
How to avoid getting a fungal infection in children and adults? Preventive measures:
- carefully observe rules of personal hygiene;
- in public places to wear Slippers, to follow the child, so he didn't wear someone else's shoes;
- choose shoes made of natural fabrics;
- once a month to process the insole and inside of Shoe disinfectant compositions;
- to control the temperature of the foot to avoid overheating and sweating;
- to strengthen the baby's immunity, to enter into eating more vegetables and fruit, intake of fluid per day at least 1-1. 5 liters.
If signs of violations of the integrity of the skin and damage to the structure of the nail plate immediately consult a doctor, treatment is carried out under the supervision of a specialist.
Healthy legs – the key to perfect health, preserve youth and beauty of the body.