Fungus in nose: symptoms, treatment
There are several types of fungus in the nose, correct identification of which depends on the course of therapy and recovery time. Depending on the causative agent, the doctor prescribes treatment. Sometimes there are such situations when the intervention of the surgeon. The types of fungal infection:
- Candidiasis. This is the most common type of the disease caused by the bacteria Candida. It occurs as a result of non-compliance hygiene: dirty hands, the affected by the fungus surface, etc. Manifests itself in the form of itching, plaque and bad breath.
- Mukormikoz. This kind of ailment is quite dangerous. Fungus in the nose is transmitted by airborne droplets. If not timely treatment, the walls thicken mucous, and the patient becomes hard to breathe.
- Aspergillosis. It is divided into two types: invasive and non-invasive. The first can cause the formation of malignant tumors and the second cause abnormal breathing and severe pain in the nose area.
- Rhinosporidiosis. Fungus in the sinuses of this kind are transmitted through water and dust. It is characterized by bleeding and the formation of polyps.
- Histoplasmosis. This kind of disease spreads through the dust. When complications appear sores in your nose that disrupts the structure of the partitions.
The causes of disease
The human environment is considered favorable for the occurrence and development of fungal infections. Poor cleanliness, dust and dirt contribute to this process. Treatment of fungus in the nose depends on the reasons that caused it:
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- lack of vitamins;
- medication for a long time;
- all kinds of injuries of the nose.
In addition, the fungus in the nose may develop because of decay on the teeth. Oddly enough, after improper dental treatment in humans, especially in children, this disease. The infection spreads when the doctor examines the upper teeth. This is because their roots adjacent to the nose surface.
Fungus in nose symptoms
As already noted, the signs of this disease are similar to cold symptoms, especially in the initial stages. The only difference is that medication, treating a cold, would be useless. In most cases, the use of such drugs only aggravate the disease. The main signs of fungus in the nose:
- the feeling of constant dryness in the mouth;
- itching and frequent sneezing;
- change voice in connection with the nasal congestion;
- the appearance of the secretions from the mucous membrane, having a specific smell;
- when breathing, you feel uncomfortable, as if something interferes;
- in the process of medication improvement is not observed.
Not necessary to wait until you begin to manifest all of the symptoms once a patient watching a few of them, it is better to consult a doctor. While there is a high probability that it is a fungus in the nose.
Diagnosis of the disease
At the first signs, you need to make an appointment to see the otolaryngologist. He spends the first inspection, and if you suspect the possibility of fungal disease, will be sent to the doctor. This specialist is trying to identify the disease using special equipment. If he agrees with the opinion of colleagues, then sends the patient for tests, whose main objective is the final confirmation of the presence of the fungus. The patient must undergo such studies:
- Microscopy. This is a basic experiment conducted on the basis of a fragment of mucosa.
- Mycological analysis. A great way for the detection and identification of fungi.
- Immunological method. It is effective when the previous method does not give any results.
- If the fungus is in the later stages of development, doctors recommend surgical intervention for a more specific analysis of the disease.
Treatment using drugs
All patients may not interfere in the treatment of a doctor. That is, do not try to cure fungus improvised means. This development will only aggravate the situation, and the disease will develop.
After passing all tests and studies, the doctor determines the exact nature of the disease, and in this regard, appoint therapy. Special attention should be paid to the manifestation of symptoms of fungus in the nose. Treatment depends largely on this factor. If you act on the recommendations of the expert, the first results will appear after a few weeks. Often doctors insist on a repeated course of therapy six months after the first, in order to avoid relapse of the disease. If treatment does not help, can not do without surgery.
Treatment of folk remedies
Drugs is not the only method of treatment of fungal infection. Some folk remedies become truly effective, and even physicians recommend their use in the fight against disease.
Of the most common are:
- Washing special broth. It's made from chamomile and oak bark, you can also add the hips. In a pot, you must put 1 tablespoon of herbs and pour 1 Cup of hot water. Cook for 5 minutes, then let stand. Several hours later, the decoction is ready, and you can start washing. In the process you need to ensure that the liquid is flowed from the opposite nostril.
- The soda solution. It is suitable for the treatment of all types of fungi. Need a pint of water add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. As is known, this solution has a dry property which helps to fight the fungus in the nose.
- Beet and carrot juices. The two drink mix, and smear liquid mucous several times a day. This will help to restore the nose.
Those who were already familiar with this disease, it is recommended to regularly conduct a survey in order to prevent recurrence. The best prevention is attention to their health. You need time to get rid of the dysbiosis and other unpleasant factors. You should pay attention to vitamins, strengthen the immune system. Often they lead to the symptoms of fungus in the nose. Photos of the disease are presented below.
Well proved treatments such as acupressure, douches and hardening. It is very important to monitor the condition of the teeth, as their inflammation and improper treatment leads to the formation of fungus.
If the implementation of all recommendations, infection still reached the goal, it is necessary at the first manifestations make an appointment to see a specialist. The early stage of the disease is easily treated, and the chance for complete freedom from fungus is almost 100%. If the fungus is developed into a severe form, the probability of relapse is significantly increased. In addition, to cope with the fungus at this stage it becomes much more difficult. Therefore, you should always follow health, in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Need to know
Often bacteria parasites fungus on the nail plate, hair, skin. The infection enters the body in public places, like the pool, the beach, etc. But this does not mean that the fungus in the nose may not develop at home. Often people in the country wear General shoes or go barefoot. This can lead to fungal diseases, which is a rather unpleasant result.
To destroy the fungus infection is very difficult. This is due to the persistence of bacteria. They can parasitize ad for a long time, until the doctor will find the right tool. Therefore, a thorough examination to identify all parts of the disease. And then you can choose those therapies that will be most effective in this particular situation.
It can be concluded that the fungus in the nose – very unpleasant disease with the potential to become a serious disease. People who don't pay enough attention to hygiene, prone to fungal infection. Dirt and dust are favorable habitats for bacteria. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor the cleanliness and timely refer to a specialist.
Treatment alone is not recommended, as there is a high probability of deterioration. You need to use only those methods that the doctor advises. The therapy involves a long treatment and the first results will appear in a few weeks. The main thing – to take care of health, because there is nothing more important.