Types of mold in children
The depth of skin lesions fungal diseases in children are divided into the following types:
- Lose the top layer of skin and also of hair and nails (keratomas) is characterized in that the infectious process does not affect deeper layers.
- Lesion of the epidermis (dermatophyte) are characterized by more or less expressed inflammatory process and disorders of the skin.
- Candidiasis or thrush (infection fermentum fungus of the genus Candida) develop on the surface of the skin, altering its pH and inhibiting the activity of healthy microorganisms.
- Deep mycosis is the General term for any of the following types of fungus that is used in severe skin lesions or prolonged course of the disease, in which, for example, a fungus in the groin penetrates deeper than the epidermis.
Region, often striking fungus
Most often, the infection in children exposed to the hair of the head, large folds of the body and smooth skin. Infection may occur when contact with sick animals and humans through water and soil, but the most likely route of transmission the objects and surfaces contaminated by spores of the fungus.
For children attending preschool institutions, a risk factor become someone else's toys, the occasional use of someone else's shoes, towels and other personal items in kindergarten.
The older children in most cases are infected by pathogenic fungi through the surfaces in public pools, school gyms, and showers, when engaging in contact sports or games that requires contact (direct or passed through each other objects) with a sick child.
Symptoms of fungus in children vary depending on what area of the body or the head affected, and in what pathogen caused the disease:
Fungus of the scalp:
- the appearance on the scalp of crusts yellow or gray color, which is removed painlessly, but after a while appear again;
- the feeling of "bumpy" skin head;
- the area in which hair falls out, has the correct shape of the circle — the hair and the skin around the affected area are not signs of illness;
- the round, clearly delineated the affected areas can be observed to break hair break off at a height of 3-6 mm from the root;
- child complains of itching of the scalp, in young children, not yet able to speak, may appear unusual habits. For example, fungal infection of the scalp pictures leads to the fact that the child may long to comb or happy to be allowed to wash his head, even if I didn't do it sooner.
- the peeling spots on the skin, without clear boundaries, with a change in pigmentation;
- annular spots of irregular shape with raised edges (skin redness and swelling) and the net center;
- merging several patches in one larger or spreading of individual spots on healthy skin areas;
- the appearance on the skin of small bubbles with thin walls with the contents of clear or light yellow;
- education on the skin and dry scabs that, when moisture from entering them separated, freeing reddened, friable areas;
- itching and burning in the affected areas.
Diagnosis of fungal infections in children are often complicated by vague symptoms of the disease and presence of concomitant pathologies (allergies, diathesis, diaper dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, etc.). Therefore, the main field of diagnostics is to eliminate diseases that have similar symptoms of fungal infections.
For this purpose carried out clinical, bacteriological, immunological tests, in order to eliminate the influence of the immune system, digestive and endocrine diseases and other factors that may be causing the symptoms, and the necessity to adjust treatment of the fungus.
To treat skin fungus on the body of the child in different ways, the main thing that this process took place under the supervision of a pediatrician. Self-treatment of fungal infections in children takes into account the pathogen that caused the fungal infection, the age of the child, the presence/absence of comorbidities and other factors.
In drug therapy uses drugs, which suppress the activity of pathogenic fungi and cause their deaths. For a certain drug, the dosage, frequency of ingestion and duration of treatment prescribed by the attending physician. For example, candidiasis of the child to the Pope is treated with a solution furatsilina, which is freely sold over the counter.
Remember! Before giving your baby any medication you need to consult a pediatrician.
In severe inflammatory processes caused by fungus or secondary infections, the recommended antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Depending on the severity of the inflammation assignments may include drugs with systemic action (taken by mouth in the form of tablets, syrups or drops) or local (applied directly on the skin).
If a strong itch, in violation of sleep and appetite of the child can be appointed against an itch drugs, antihistamines and home treatment methods (soda baths, lotions of broth bran, etc.).
The greatest danger mycoses in children present from the point of view of the formation of the immune system and its characteristics. In the course of their life pathogenic fungi secrete toxic compounds.
They are destroying the upper protective layers of the skin and can enter the General circulation. The toxic action of these substances destabilizie the immune system of a child which is not able to resist such aggression.
As a result, the pediatricians note that children, who for a long time suffered from mycoses, much more likely to develop hypersensitivity of the immune system — allergies, which already own and often serious consequences.