How to get rid of fungus on nail at home
Fungus usually appears on the toes, but sometimes, the trouble affects the fingers. Get rid of mold you need to ensure that the nails are not only beautiful, but also healthy. If the nails on your feet or hands have acquired a yellow, green or brown color, pay attention to these natural remedies against fungus.
What is nail fungus
The medical name for this disease is onychomycosis, but in real life we just call him "fungus on the nails." Most of the victims are men. Typically, the fungus affects the nail of the big toe of the feet. Sometimes the fungus attacks the fingers — this is more often experienced by women.
If the fungus invades a nail, it can easily spread to all other nails of the same hand or leg or even switch to the other arm or leg (but not with hands on the leg and Vice versa — such cases are very rare).
Often the causes of fungus rooted in the environment. Too high humidity and temperature, wearing closed shoes for a long time, many hours spent in the pool — all of which can cause nail fungus. At risk are people who are constantly in contact with water, e.g. when washing dishes or cleaning the house, and people older than 60 years suffering from diabetes have problems with circulation or a weak immune system.
As soon as the fungus attacks the nail, it becomes more coarse and thick and yellowish color. In some cases, the hue may be gray, black, green or brown. Infections, progressing, affects the nail entirely, and there is a risk that it will fall off. The skin under the nail is red, swollen and itchy.
The nails on the hand tend to become yellow or brown, they crack, easily broken and weaker. The nail is not strong enough to grow further and eventually it falls off and the skin underneath is red, swollen and itchy, as the skin gcd nails on the foot.
How to avoid the spread of fungus on the nails
These tips will help fight foot fungus:
- Do not wear too tight shoes and shoes made from synthetic materials. Fungus "loves" damp, dark and poorly ventilated environment, it makes it grows best and develops. In rainy weather, try as less time as possible to walk in the wet (or slightly wet) shoes. Do not wear shoes made of materials that do not allow the skin to breathe, for example, rubber boots. Best of all — leather shoes, possibly leaving exposed areas (especially on the fingers).
- Don't go barefoot in public places, like in the showers at gym or pool. If you did this, then a good wash and you dry your feet before putting on shoes.
- Don't cut other people's nails with scissors or clippers, neither within their families nor in a manicure salon. Always use your own tools and not share them with anyone. If you have fungus on the nail, don't use the same scissors that healthy nails, otherwise you can help spread of infection. Take care of your nails regularly.
- Your socks should be 100 percent consist of cotton absorb moisture and allow the skin to breathe. As soon as they get wet (e.g., during rain), as soon as possible put on dry socks and feet rash with talcum powder.
If the fungus struck the nails on the hand:
- Use rubber gloves to wash dishes and floors and Laundry, that is, for all those activities that involve prolonged contact with water.
- Don't use someone else's file, pliers and scissors. Always use your own manicure instruments and scissors don't mix and file for damaged nails with a pair of scissors and a file for healthy.
- Delhi is not anyone towel, and most importantly, don't bite your nails.
How to get rid of fungus at home
- Combine a teaspoon of olive oil with three drops of tea tree oil and pomai this mixture on the affected nail every other day for 20 days.
- Dip your nails in lemon juice or do you put the lemon directly on the affected nail.
- Pour into a container (e.g., a basin) of water a Cup of Apple cider vinegar. Dip your foot and leave them for 20 minutes. Then wipe as best as possible. To dry fingers can use a hair dryer in medium mode temperature.
- Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with three drops of essential oil of oregano and smear this mixture on the affected nail every day for three weeks.
- Add transparent nail Polish on the finely chopped garlic cloves, three drops of decolorized iodine and seven drops of lemon juice. Leave the mixture to steep for weeks, and then cut one layer of the affected nail. Nail Polish to stay on nails for two weeks, after which you can remove it with liquid varnish remover and cotton wool.
- Mix half a Cup of castor oil with seven drops of lemon juice and put the nails into the mixture. Repeat for six weeks. After the procedure thoroughly wash and dry your feet (or hands).
- Take a glass of water, put five cloves of garlic and bring to mixture to boil the mixture. The feather lay in its convenient container, and when it has cooled to warm temperature, put in her legs at least 15 minutes so that the nails were completely covered with water. Then you carefully dry it. Repeat the procedure for four weeks.
- Mix baking soda with water to obtain a homogeneous mass. With the help of cotton apply this mixture on the nails, including, if possible, from the inside to the soda touched the skin. In a few minutes and you wash your sushi nails.
- Boil for five minutes two cups of water with three tablespoons of thyme. Turn off the fire, cut the liquid with a lid and leave to cool. Soak a cotton wool and treated with a mixture of nails affected by fungus.