The first symptoms of nail fungus on feet
Diseases that cause parasitic microorganisms are referred to as mycosis or onychomycosis. Doctors believe that get them more than others are those with neglected feet with cracked heels, calluses. Peeling or dry skin is also considered the main cause of infection stop. Varieties of fungal infections, there are many, because in nature there are several hundred fungal pathogens that can live on the human body. The most common are dermatophytes, yeast and molds parasites.
Second, the frequency of occurrence of fungal infections of feet. Triggers the disease two pathogens of the genus Candida:
- White Candida (Candida albicans) is usually occurs on the fingers, as a complication of existing onychomycosis caused by a dermatophyte.
- Parapsilosis (Candida parapsilosis) – affects the nail plate from the edge. For the initial symptoms characterized by the appearance on the tip of your finger black spots, which gradually increase in size. Candida parapsilosis is often completely destroy the nail plate.
This kind of fungal infection is not very common – they suffer only three patients who applied for help to the dermatologist. Varieties of mold pathogens are a few:
- Scopulariopsis often infects the toes that were previously injured.
- Or Aspergillus black mold – infection of onychomycosis is possible only in people with reduced immunity. The main symptom of the disease deformity of nail plates and blackheads normotroficheskie type.
- Fusarium – this onychomycosis is very rare, as the pathogens live on crops. Human infection is possible only in the presence of open wounds, abrasions or cracks on my feet.
The competition among pathogens of onychomycosis is dermatophytes, of which foot often affect:
- Red Trichophyton (Trichophyton rubrum) is develops on the lateral and distal surfaces. The main symptoms in the initial stages, manifest as spots of yellow hue or white streaks. Without a specific treatment, fungal spores can spread throughout the body and provoke severe skin lesions.
- Mentagrophytes (Trichophyton mentagrophytes) – cracks in between the intervals of the finger, severe pain during movement. Without proper therapy, apply to nails, most often the fungus can infect the thumb and little finger.
- Epidermofiton (Epidermophyton floccosum) – at the initial stage it affects the skin of the fingers. Appears nail fungus on the feet in the form of peeling feet, itchy fingers. Without treatment Epidermofiton leads to atrophy.
Looks like fungus of the toenails
Today in medicine, the use of two classifications of onychomycosis: first – the type of pathological changes, and the second depending on the localization. Based on the type of fungal infection, all types are divided into four subtypes: regional, normotrofichesky, hypertrophicи atrophic. The form of localization of types of diseases a few more:
- distal – when the fungus suffers only the edge;
- lateral – pathological processes begin around skin folds;
- proximal – the change affects the lower part;
- white superficial onychomycosis – there are white spots or stripes.
How to identify fungus on toe nails - common symptoms
Depending on the stage of the disease distinguish full and partial atrophy hypertrophy, both concepts are interrelated but are not synonymous. Under atrophic type is the breach growth, thinning and complete destruction of the nail plate – this is the stage of total damage. Often, upon detection of advanced stage patients complain to a doctor-dermatologist, not only on changing the structure, but in a lot of pain.
Hypertrophic nail fungus on legs symptoms:
- acquires a yellow tint on the edge of the plate or appear with white blotches around the growth;
- deformed – there are waves, bumps, and other irregularities;
- the cushion is red, scaly and swelling as the growth of the infection;
- layered begins to move away from the bed;
- between the fingers there are small cracks, sometimes blisters.
Itching and burning
Very often the disease appears on legs in the form of severe itching. This feeling begins to bother the patient from the first days after infection. If fungal spores attacked the plate, there is itching around the affected area, the skin becomes flabby, dry and flaking, irritation. If the infection started with the soft tissues, itchy fingers. With a strong brushing of the skin after the itching comes the burning sensation. Usually these symptoms occur with lesions of the feet, at least in onychomycosis of the hands.
Loss of natural color
The following is a symptom of onychomycosis, which replaces or supplements the itching. The color will depend on the type of agent, who settled in the human body:
- Dermatophytes provoke the appearance of yellowish spots near the edges. Over time the spores spread to the Central part.
- Fermentum fungi thinner the nail, starting from the sides, it turns yellow, cracks that may appear grooves or wave. To determine the presence of fungal infection at the initial stage can be a cushion – they become red, swollen, appear silvery scales may fester.
- Family mold parasites changes the hue of the nail from yellow-green to brown-black shade.
The disappearance of the Shine of the nail plate
Getting inside the fingers, spores of fungi begin to actively proliferate and gradually cover the whole space, slowly leading to the total deformation and destruction of solid parts. Plate thickens, or, conversely, becomes very thin, will begin to crumble, become visible unnatural yellow and whitish bloom. In the initial stages of infection is changing the structure of the plates of fingernail – it becomes hilly or covered in stripes, the shade plate becomes cloudy.
Physicians distinguish three main stages of fungal infection:
- The color becomes yellow, furrows appear. When you try to cut the edge, the tip begins to crumble. Sometimes this can cause unpleasant smell.
- Finger completely changed color, became dull and cloudy, there was a strange blotches. The yellowing starts to get dark, looming black stripes, there may be areas of the green. To cut the infected nail becomes very hard.
- Changed the entire nail is much fat, trim the edge with no softening impossible.
Pain in the area of the nail
Discomfort when nail fungus – the concept is not typical for every patient. Some patients may not experience these symptoms, especially if the disease was detected at an early stage. When running the form to a fungal infection, to recognize pathology is easy: the fingers lose their original appearance, start to flake and peel. At this stage, some patients may feel pain under the nail or fingers.
Pain when athlete's foot to the toes may appear for several reasons:
- Due to the fact that the affected areas become thicker, lose their original appearance, deformed. In this case, even the most comfortable shoes delivers significant discomfort when walking. As a consequence – the pain may be concerned not only while walking, but after removing shoes.
- With the spread of spores, the fungus captures all new territory. When injected into soft tissue of the nail from infection often suffer from nerve endings, which appears throbbing pain. If the symptom has arisen for this reason, discomfort can arise even in rest.
- One of the signs of athlete's foot – the appearance of small cracks, and blisters between the toes. The skin may be very red, inflamed, fingers will gain swelling. Due to the fact that the area between the toes in closed shoes sweating heavily, such wounds on the feet heal very slowly and constantly sick.
How to start a nail fungus on my feet
The loss and change in color, the appearance of roughness, thinning or thickening of the plate, delamination is the first sign of a nail fungus on my feet that fit the General description. However, a careful self-diagnosis of the disease it can be even to classify. For example:
- In dermatophytes infection starts with the free edge of the plate. The appearance of mildew indicates a small yellow spot and a crumbling surface.
- For fermentum of fungi characteristic of the proximal form – when infection starts at the base. The main symptom of onychomycosis candidiasis is the inflammation around the nail roller, the separation of the cuticle, pain when pressed.
- Mold stained fingers in green, brown or black. Contamination of mold manifests itself in the form of spots, small dots or longitudinal plates.
The first signals that you have nail fungus on the feet – symptoms that manifest themselves in the adjacent soft tissues. The skin loses its natural color, red or yellow, becomes thin and easily injured. As a rule, begins with this process. Over time the disease can bring serious inconvenience – to cause the appearance of deep cracks, itching, blisters with fluid.