A scalp fungus: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is the fungus on the head ?This is an infectious disease caused by increased activity of pathogenic fungus, which in the absence of timely conservative treatment is the main cause of hair loss. Foci pathology become plaques that are localized in the scalp, however, it is possible the emergence and purulent crusts. To deal with the lesion with conservative methods recommended by local antifungal agents, observing personal hygiene.
Malicious fungus on the scalp can be triggered by a weak immune system, the body's inability to protect itself from pathogenic activity and Deplete the skin's exposure to fungal spores. To be infected with pathogenic microorganisms from the environment, and the list of predisposing factors for this are presented below:
- adverse environmental conditions;
- long-term course of somatic diseases;
- immunodeficiency States;
- the presence of harmful habits;
- using other people's hair brush and other personal hygiene;
- prolonged stress, shock.
Mycosis of the scalp begins with a visible peeling of the skin, the patient experiences severe itching, to feel themselves distinct plaques in the hair. If on the skin formed crust, this is one of the first symptoms of fungal infection and to know the specific form of the pathogen is possible only under the microscope, after passing the appropriate tests. The fungus on the hair is expressed by the following symptoms tend to recurrence:
- problem with dryness and fragility of hair;
- injury in the follicular zone;
- foci of hair loss;
- the black dots at the base of the follicles;
- the formation of purulent crusts;
- itching and burning with redness of the skin of the head;
- the appearance of excessive quantities of dandruff.
Is the main symptom that got the fungus on the head. The main cause of inflammation on the background of all of the above precipitating factors is the penetration on the dermis from environmental fungal spores, which gradually destroy its structure. First, the skin peels off, then pockets the hair falls out, it does not exclude the presence of white deposits (dandruff). The spots are rounded, small size and clearly defined boundaries, and deliver internal itching discomfort.
If as a child on the skin of the scalp bubbles appear, it is possible that this is the first manifestation of a pathogenic fungus, prone to relapses. Eventually they burst and in their place are formed crust, which are combined into large pockets of pathology with visible hair reduction. To determine the cause of itching may be the only knowledgeable experts on the basis of the results of a completed diagnosis. To facilitate the General condition of the need for timely treatment, while the use of surface methods of conservative therapy are excluded. The symptoms are as follows:
- severe itching of the head;
- the presence of white and pink crusts on the dermis;
- visible dandruff after shampooing;
- pronounced alopecia;
- increased nervousness.
Varieties of fungal diseases
To the disease became chronic, you need to promptly diagnose and clinical by identifying the primary pathogen. Depending on the etiology of the pathological process, the doctors there are the following types of diseases treated have with the participation of antifungal drugs. This:
- Trichophytosis(ringworm). The disease develops between the ages of 3 – 12 years, accompanied by the appearance of pronounced bald spot. The incubation period lasts up to 2 months, there is a deep lesion of the dermis.
- Microspores. Symptoms similar to the above-described diagnosis, but formed parts of pathology of small size have a distinct rounded shape with sharp outlines.
- In favus(scab). Foci pathology differ in color, accompanied by the formation of yellowish crusts with the indentation in the center where the hair grows.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. The top layer of the epidermis changes its structure, dominated by the visible signs of peeling and redness. The fungus causes itchy scalp, increased irritability of the patient.
If you suspect a pathogenic fungus doctors first examine the scalp, stat presumptive diagnosis. Additional clinical examinations to determine the etiology of the pathological process in the hospital are:
- the study broken hairs under wood's lamp;
- sample scaly skin;
- bacteriological crops;
- cultural analyses.
Than to treat
Mycosis of the scalp is difficult to cure with antibiotics, doctors recommend anti-fungal medication topically and orally. Additionally, for hair washing you can use healing herbal teas, which reduce inflammation, relieve unpleasant itching. Other recommendations of dermatologists presented below:
- you want to give up fatty, salty and fried foods, which creates favorable conditions for development of pathogenic flora;
- you must separate the personal hygiene of infected patients, as by chance they can be used by healthy people;
- after washing your hair, it is advisable to use protective equipment, form protective film, reduce the risk of relapse.
Medicines for internal use are systematically destroy pathogenic flora from the inside. Before purchase medication you want to consult with a dermatologist to exclude contraindications and the development of side effects.
With the help of external means to accelerate the regeneration of tissues involved in the pathological process. This form of issue of antifungals has fewer contraindications and the active components are locally – focused on the pathological focus.
These drugs also have significant popularity, moreover, be an important component of preventive measures. If the head appeared obvious foci of disease, that is what the shampoos with antifungal effect is required to take advantage of (in pharmacies, such drugs are expensive, but the result is worth it)
Treatment of folk remedies
Alternative therapies less effective in practice, but to use them required together with anti-fungal drugs inward and outward. In the absence of individual intolerance of the plant components that's foolproof recipes, if head suddenly appeared a pathogenic fungus:
- If you are not allergic to the oil you want applied to the scalp burdock or castor oil-based, non-rinse composition for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse the hair with vinegar in diluted form (ratio 1:1).
- Equal proportions, chop garlic and onion, mix antiseptic composition, bring to homogeneity. Rubbed into the scalp, carefully handling the foci of the pathology, do not rinse 15 – 20 minutes.
To avoid exposure to a pathogenic fungus, a person is required to adhere to the basic rules of prevention. So:
- avoid contact with other people's hygiene products, household items;
- to strengthen the immune system with vitamins;
- not in contact with stray animals;
- avoid contact with an infected person;
- observe the rules of personal hygiene.