Athlete's foot - causes, first signs, symptoms, medication and people's treatment
The disease is infectious in nature when in contact with patients can be infected to healthy people. Fungal skin diseases of the feet successfully treated by the dermatologist , the surface-medication to prevent recurrence are completely eliminated.
What is athlete's foot
This is a fungal infection of the soles of the feet, which is accompanied by severe itching, redness and visible peeling of the lesions of the disease. Pathogenic agents are considered to be filamentous fungi, which are transmitted to a healthy person by fecal-oral contact or through domestic spread in the environment of their own disputes. At risk were children and patients with weak immune systems, such as the impact of pathogens more aggressively. If progressing systemic fungal infection symptoms occur in the acute stage, prone to recurrence.
At the initial stage of the mycosis patient alarming presence on the feet allergic reactions, which cause internal discomfort cause overly nervous. The patient does not know about the presence of a very undesirable infection, and the causative agents of fungal infections continue to develop, multiply rapidly, form the large pockets of pathology. Later symptoms become more pronounced, accompanied by itching, dryness, redness of the skin and not only. Additionally, the athlete's foot highlights:
- the appearance of deep cracks of the foot;
- abundant small rash;
- visible libero temere;
- enhanced sweating of the feet;
- the appearance of bubbles with the further transformation into the scales of the skin;
- local peeling of the skin;
- symptoms of acute eczema;
- numerous erosion on the feet.
The reasons for the development
Athlete's foot has an infectious nature and cause highly undesirable contamination is the direct contact with the spores of pathogenic fungi. Pathogenic factors that define patient risk groups, are the following:
- a violation of elementary rules of personal hygiene;
- weakened by a prolonged illness or antibiotic treatment immunity;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- hormonal imbalance;
- microtrauma of the skin, mucous membranes;
- age-related changes of the body;
- ecological factor.
The types of the disease
Before you begin effective treatment of fungal infections with conservative methods, the first thing you want to determine a variety of characteristic disease of the foot in specific clinical picture. Will help in this issue data collection history. Extensive skin lesions are characterized by the following types of mycoses of the feet:
- Intertriginous. Localization of foci of disease – a lesion between the finger creases. Symptoms – burning and itching, cracking and erythema at the inflamed sites.
- Squamous gipertroficescoy. Localization – the sole of the foot. Symptoms – the development of erythema with desquamation, appearance of deep cracks on the background of moderate pruritus.
- Disgidroticheskaya. Localization – between finger folds, feet, leather, ankle, legs, hips and knees. Symptoms – painful and itchy rash that tend to formation of bubbles with the development of erosion.
- Erased. Localization – skin heels. The symptoms almost fully absent, with the exception of peeling and cracks on the affected areas.
When signs of progression of a mycosis is required to promptly contact the doctor to carry out a clinical examination of feet and other areas of pathology (if any). The first thing the doctor collects the history, examines the complaints of the patient. From laboratory examinations have to perform:
- microscopic examination of skin flakes, nails, arches;
- cultural methods for the study of pathogenic flora;
- study wood lamp to identify ringworm;
- blood sampling for HIV.
- General and biochemical blood analysis.
Treatment of athlete's foot
In this clinical doctors prescribe the internal and external therapy, which includes not only the use of systemic medications with anti-fungal properties, but also antiseptic, Immunostimulants, vitamins, poly-vitamin complexes. Do not be redundant physiotherapy, alternative therapies, correction of the usual diet and following the recommended preventive measures. Approach to the problem of health is complex, further includes treatment of footwear, disinfection of personal hygiene.
In order to rule out serious complications fungal infection required medical therapy stop at home. Doctors recommend the presence of the following pharmacological groups :
- antifungal agents inside;
- antifungal drugs topically;
- antihistamines to eliminate secondary infection;
- poly-vitamin complexes.
Purpose of medicines have been exclusively the attending physician, taking into account the age peculiarities of the organism and the stage of progression of a mycosis.
With an infected epidermis of the foot the patient is nervous and irritable. To remove the unpleasant signs of fungal infection, the doctor prescribes the medication orally.
If recurrent fungal infection can be affected not only the feet but the nails, which are also involved in the pathological process. You need to use topical preparations outwardly to completely get rid of unpleasant visible symptoms. The appropriate use of antifungal ointments and creams, special varnish for the affected nail plates.Ointment
Athlete's foot will definitely be accompanied by allergic reactions to stop, the use of local products reduces the visible foci of pathology, removes itching and increased swelling.Antifungal creams
To kill the pathogen and cure of exudative mycosis, you can use special creams for the feet. The choice of antifungal medicines is huge.Antifungal varnishes
If you have damaged nails, it is recommended 2 times a week to treat them with an antifungal lacquer. This treatment lasts for 2 – 4 weeks before visible symptoms characteristic of the disease completely n will disappear.
Alternative therapies less effective as a standalone treatment but in conjunction with representatives of official pharmacology significantly accelerate the healing process of the feet. Here national means-tested:
- Pour 2 tbsp. l. chamomile, 1 liter of boiling water. Infuse the composition, to strain, to perform the foot bath. The course – 14 days.
- Dilute Apple cider vinegar with water in a ratio of 1:1. In the absence of Allergy to perform daily compresses for 2 – 3 weeks.
Fungal infection, preferably in a timely manner to prevent, than then a long time to treat sore feet with yellowed nails. Below are effective preventive measures for each day:
- observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- to buy shoes in size only from natural materials;
- do not use other people's toiletries;
- to support the immune system;
- to have their own rubber shoes when visiting the baths, saunas, swimming pool.